How to make keyboard bigger on iPhone: The question is about how to increase the font size of the keyboard on an iPhone, which is a common concern, particularly among older users. Many seniors have their phones set to medium or large text sizes.
Apple provides two different display options on iPhones: “Default” and “Larger Text.” If you want to enlarge the font size of your keyboard, you can select the “Larger Text” screen option. However, this option not only increases the keyboard size but also enlarges the entire screen.
To adjust the keyboard size, you can follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Display & Brightness.”
- Scroll down within the Display & Brightness settings and find the “View” section.
- Click on “Larger Text.”
- Choose “Use Larger Text” to confirm your selection.
Changing iPhone Screen Orientation to Landscape
If you want to change the screen orientation to landscape mode, it can prevent your keyboard from appearing smaller in portrait mode, giving you a larger and wider keyboard area. Keep in mind that not all apps support landscape view.
To switch to landscape mode, you can follow these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone’s screen.
- Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen.
- You’ll see a rotation lock icon in the top right corner. If it’s red and white, leave it as it is.
- Tap on an empty area to change to landscape mode.
- Go to an app.
- Adjust your iPhone to landscape orientation.
With the screen in landscape mode, your keyboard will appear larger and in a wider area. Landscape mode can provide a better experience in certain apps, but not all apps may support this mode, so the screen might not always switch to landscape in some apps.
Enabling Zoom on the iPhone
If you want to zoom in on your iPhone’s screen, you can enable the Zoom feature. Once enabled, you’ll need to use specific gestures to navigate:
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Go to “Accessibility.”
- Enable “Zoom.”
After completing these steps, you can control the Zoom feature with the following gestures:
- Use three fingers to drag the screen left to right or vice versa.
- Triple-tap the screen with three fingers to show the Zoom controls.
- Double-tap the screen with three fingers and then drag with those three fingers to adjust the zoom level, allowing you to make the keyboard larger.
When you want to increase the keyboard size, you can follow these steps:
- Select “Show Controller,” and then tap elsewhere.
- Open an app and bring up the keyboard.
- You can use the controller to navigate to each key while typing.
These settings allow you to use the Zoom feature to better view and navigate your screen.
Using Third-Party Keyboards on iPhone
If you’re looking for a larger keyboard layout, you can use third-party keyboards on your iPhone. These keyboards may offer larger keys or customizable layouts. Here’s how to add a third-party keyboard to your iPhone:
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Navigate to “General.”
- Find “Keyboard” and tap on it.
- Select “Keyboards.”
- Tap “Add New Keyboard.”
- Find and select your third-party keyboard. These keyboards are typically labeled as “Third-Party Keyboards” or by their specific names.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your third-party keyboard will be added to your iPhone’s keyboard options. You can choose to use it when you open a text input field. Third-party keyboards often come with larger or customizable keys, which can be more comfortable for typing.
Some popular third-party keyboard options include “BigKeys Keyboard” and “Viskey,” among others. You can choose a third-party keyboard that suits your needs and preferences.
iPhone Keyboard Font Size Not Changing Issue
The problem of not being able to change the font size on the iPhone keyboard can be frustrating and is usually caused by iOS updates or app compatibility issues. Here are some steps and suggestions to address the issue:
- Check iOS Updates: Start by ensuring that your iPhone’s operating system, iOS, is up to date. Some updates can resolve such issues.
- Reset the Default Keyboard: You can try resetting the keyboard by going to “Settings” > “General” > “Reset” > “Reset Keyboard Dictionary.”
- Check Keyboard Settings: Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Keyboard” and check for options related to changing the font size. Some settings might help you adjust the keyboard size.
- Use Third-Party Keyboard Apps: If the built-in keyboard is not meeting your needs, consider trying third-party keyboard apps from the App Store. These apps often provide more customization options.
- Perform a Restore: To address software issues, you can reset your device’s settings and, if necessary, restore your device from a backup. Remember to back up your important data before attempting this.
- Apple Support: If the problem persists and your device is under warranty or covered by AppleCare+, it’s recommended to seek assistance from Apple Support.
- Isolate the Issue to a Specific App: Font size adjustment issues may be specific to certain apps. If this is the case, you may want to reach out to the developer’s support team for help.
These steps and suggestions should help you address the issue of not being able to change the font size on the iPhone keyboard.